Booking Terms and Conditions for Lapwing House
1. Please check the availability table for Lapwing House on the Availability Page.
2. If your dates are available and you wish to book, please click on the start date of your holiday on the calendar and then follow the instructions that pop up afterwards.
3. We update our availability charts as soon as a booking is confirmed.
4. We will reply to your request within 24 hours.
5. In order to secure your booking we ask for a payment of a 30% non-refundable deposit for the total cost of the holiday.
6. Rental charges are based on the agreement that no more than the original number of persons listed on the booking form may occupy the facility or use the premises.
1. A 30% non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking
2. The remaining 70% balance and must be paid at least 8 weeks prior to the start of your holiday. (We will send an email to remind you of this date).
3. A £200/€220 Security deposit is required against any damages caused and this paid at the same time as the final balance.
4. Once we have received the booking form & deposit we will send out confirmation of all details by email along with a booking reference number.
5. If booking your holiday less than 8 weeks prior to the start date, then we will require payment in full when booking.
6. Payments can be made by electronic bank transfer or credit card, either in Sterling or Euros.
7. If paying by direct bank transfer - either to a UK or French bank account - we will provide the bank details for you to complete a transfer when we receive your booking information.
8. The Security Deposit of £200 is payable to cover any damage to the property or contents, although the client's liability is not limited to this amount. The Security Deposit will be refunded or accounted for within 2 weeks of the end of the holiday.
9. Security Deposits will not be returned on the day of departure, as we need to clean & inspect the house first. The house must be left in the same clean & tidy condition as that which it was found, including emptying all rubbish bins, cleaning fridges and cookers, stripping the beds and removing all food stuffs before departure. Exact instructions will be available in the holiday home.
Duration of Rental
1. For Lapwing House bookings are from Saturday to Saturday, except in the Low Season, when booking periods may vary – information given on request.
2. The rental period will commence at 17.00 on the first day and terminate at 10.00 on the last day.
1. In the event of a cancellation prior to 8 weeks before the holiday start - only the Booking Deposit will be forfeited. Thereafter, cancellation charges will be the full rental price.
2. If we are able to re-let your cancelled holiday, we will refund your deposit and final payment (where appropriate), however we will deduct £50 as an administration fee.
2. We would strongly recommend that clients take out insurance at the time of booking – to cover medical, personal, vehicle and cancellation charges.
2. In the event of any equipment breakdown the client is asked to notify us and repairs will be completed as soon as possible. We will not be liable for any temporary stoppage to the supply of public services to the property (i.e.: electricity, water, internet etc.) nor in respect of any equipment or appliance failure.
3. No unauthorised use of personal electrical appliances (fans, heaters, electric blankets etc.)
4. In order to comply with French legislation you are advised that access to the owner's private pool is not part of the letting contract, but is by invitation only. This invitation is herewith formally extended to you but may be withdrawn at the owner's discretion.
5. Any damage to the pool - either the liner, filtration system, other associated equipment, or works needed - will be charged to the renter of the property. The cost of any damage is not limited to the value of the £200 security deposit.